Ha long is in north east Vietnam on the Gulf of Tonkin in Quang Ninh Province. The capita is Halong City and the area is most famous for Ha Long bay (which means descending dragon) which was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1994.
- It covers an area of 1,553km2
- The evolution of the karts has taken 20 million years
- Ha Long Bay is 170km east of Hanoi on the Gulf of Tonkin
WHEN TO VISIT
- Ha Long weather has a typical tropical coastal climate. Two main seasons.
- April to September, it is often hot and humid.
- October to March, the weather is dry with some cold months.
- During the summer months the weather is prone to heavy rain and storms