Ha long is in north east Vietnam on the Gulf of Tonkin in Quang Ninh Province. The capita is Halong City and the area is most famous for Ha Long bay (which means descending dragon) which was recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1994.
- It covers an area of 1,553km2
- The evolution of the karts has taken 20 million years
- Ha Long Bay is 170km east of Hanoi on the Gulf of Tonkin
WHEN TO VISIT
- Ha Long weather has a typical tropical coastal climate. Two main seasons.
- April to September, it is often hot and humid.
- October to March, the weather is dry with some cold months.
- During the summer months the weather is prone to heavy rain and storms
ACTIVITES AND SIGHTS OF HA LONG
Ha long Bay is regarded as one of the most beautiful bays in the world. The best way to experience the area is by boat/cruise. There is a huge variety of 1 to 4 day cruises and different packages. Stay overnight on the boat or on land.
There are ferry services between the various islands
Cruises offer a variety of activities including early morning Thai Chi, cooking demonstrations, kayaking, swimming ….
Places of interest include:
- Bai Tu Long Bay
- Sung Sot Cave (Surprise cave)
- Da Go Cave
- Tuan Chau – an island southwest of Ha Long City
- Sun World Ha Long Park, including the Queen Cable Car